Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 2...day 2

S: "Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, 'You are the Son of God.' But he gave them strict orders not to tell who he was." (Mark 3:11-12)

O: Jesus and his buddies tried to get away from the crowds...yet the crowds followed him to get healed of thier sicknesses and exorcized of evil spirits. As those possessed by evil spirits came close to the Son of God, they dropped to the floor and professed the identity of Jesus. calling him the "Son of God." Then with authority Jesus tells them to shut up!

A: This is an interesting idea because this passage reveals that evil spirits...and the Devil believe in Jesus and God. They recognize Jesus identity. What this also reveals is that it takes more than a belief in God or an understanding of who Jesus is...in order to get into heaven. One of the things I know I often fall short on is the idea of Jesus being my Lord. The one who calls the shots and the one I obey. Is that a common happening throughout the Church? "I accept Jesus' friendship and grace but not his Lordship. These evil spirits are missing something...and it wasn't the belief or recognition of Jesus and or God...what if one of the issues is Lordship. Is Jesus my Lord...is he your Lord?

P: Jesus, often I make decisions without you. Often I choose to go against your will even in I clearly see the right thing to do. I try and give my flesh comfort for even a second...but where my real need is, and my true desire is to follow you and obey you as my Lord. Jesus help me love you better by way of obedience. I love you!

No comments: