Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week 2...day 1

S: "No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. If he does. the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse. And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins." (Mark 2:21-22)

O: Some people were wondering why Jesus was doing and teaching the things that he was..."why don't you fast, Jesus?" The religious leaders in the days of Jesus did religious things like fasting (not eat any food for a period of time) to make God happy and to show others that they were super spiritual. But Jesus shares with these guys, "If you don't have a soft heart and an open mind (new wineskins) you will be very frustrated trying to apply my teaching with your hard heart and your set ways. You can't earn God's love...he already loves you...so trust in him, and relate with him or else your life is going to be frustrating and be worse off than it was (the old garment and unshrunk cloth)."

A: I need to identify the areas in my life and beliefs that are not consistent with the bible...then pray my guts out that my heart and mind would be softened so that I become the person the Holy Spirit is trying to mold me to be.

P: Lord, would you show me where i have been set in my ways that are not consistent with the Bible? would you make me more like your son Jesus. Lord, cause me to see my sin...and your grace that removes that sin. i love you....make me into new wineskins.

No comments: