Thursday, May 14, 2009

S.O.A.P.-May 14 "what am i wearing?"

Scripture-"Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits at God's right hand in the place of honor and power. Let heaven fill your thoughts." (Colossians 3:1-2a)

Observation-Paul is reminding the church to continually change our spiritual outfit. We need to get rid of the earthly attitudes and behaviors...dawn Christ-like attitudes and behaviors...but it begins with where we are putting our mind and the thoughts we think.

Application-When I get bored of God, or feel far away from God, or even find myself in repeating sin...my mind might be set on earthly things. I must begin thinking of heavenly things more...or just plain remind me of this scripture.

Prayer-Jesus...sir in me the reminder of my new identity in you. Help me think about you and things that you're about throughout my day. I need your help loving you.

No comments: