Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Scripture-"...stay away from any christian who lives in idleness and doesn't follow the tradition of hard work we gave you." (2 Thessalonians 3:6)

Observation-Paul writes this letter and is asking for prayer that the Gospel would spread rapidly and honor Jesus. He prays for the Thessalonian church to gain increasingly in their understanding and experience of God's love...then says to stay away from idle Christian who are pursuing Jesus and not doing their part in the community of believers. At first this doesn't sound like love...but continues to say not to look at them as your enemy, but look on them and treat them with love, pray for them and hope that they come to repentance and fall back in love with Jesus and become a functioning part of the body. I make the assumption too, that if we are around these idlers, we might become lazy and idle as well.

Application-I must make a hard run at a couple of my friends who are not on fire...but are just existing in life right now. My prayer and hope is that they would find satisfaction in the Lord and remain in him. Also...I must pursue a guy about my age who is deeply following Jesus and stay close to him, and challenge each other.

Prayer-Lord, keep me close to you...may the Gospel truly spread rapidly in this city. May you bring those I have in mind back to you in deep hunger of you. Build up on my relationship with ________ and grus us together. May me and Aimee also stay close to you and follow the example of those before us.

No comments: