Friday, May 15, 2009

S.O.A.P.-May 15 "Biblical relationships?...scary!"

Scripture-"...Christ will make our hearts strong, blameless, and holy when you stand before God our Father on the day when our Lord Jesus comes with all those who belong to him." (1 Thessalonians 3:13)

Observation-Jesus...through Paul is explains that our heart finds strength, righteousness, and holiness by way outside ourselves...but through the overflowing love, caused by Jesus, back and forth between Christian brothers and sisters (friends, family, small group, leaders, spouse, etc...), just as Paul's life exemplified.

Application-I must seek real and deep friendships within my home group, life, and wife. Relationships that allows me to expose my soul, thoughts, and sinful motives...but also my victories...visa versa!

Prayer-Lord Jesus, May you lead my heart to be soft, repentant, proactive and discerning in my journey toward biblical relationships. It's not easy...Holy Spirit...help me love and obey you.

No comments: